Elementary Dress Code
Dress Code Policy Number 6.310 Approved by the Cocke County School Board 7/14/2016
ELEMENTARY (K-8) DRESS CODE
1. Shirts/blouses must not be cut below the normal arm pit (boys and girls) and must not come below the top of the breast. All shirts must reach below the top of the pants, shorts, or skirts at all times (no skin showing at any time).
2. Shorts may be worn by both males and females as long as the length is fingertip length.
3. The length of skirts and dresses must meet the same guidelines as shorts.
4. When leggings are worn, the shirt (or outermost garment) must adhere to the fingertip rule.
5. Clothes may not be worn with holes above the knees.
6. Appropriate undergarments are to be worn and must not be visible.
7. The waist of pants is not to be worn below the hips.
8. Clothing with inappropriate language or graphics is not permitted.
9. No clothing may have beer, whiskey, tobacco, drug labels or suggestive pictures or language written or printed on them.
10. Hats and/or caps are not to be worn during instructional time or at academic functions.
11. Students will not dress, groom or wear or use emblems, insignias, badges or other symbols where the effect thereof is to distract unreasonably the attention of other students or employees, or otherwise cause disruption or interference with the operation of the school.
12. Any accessory that is studded, spiked, contains chains or can tabs or in any way presents a potential danger or harm to self or others is prohibited.
13. Tattoos whether permanent or temporary will be covered if possible.
14. Visible body piercings are limited to the ear only. Eyebrow, nose, lip, tongue, belly button, etc. piercings are not permitted.
15. Anything in question will be at the discretion of the administrator.