Cosby Elementary School
Cosby Elementary School
Parent Involvement Policy and Procedures
Cosby Elementary School is committed to the goal of providing quality education for every child. It is our goal to establish partnerships with parents and with the community to promote high achievement by our students. Cosby Elementary intends to include parents in all aspects of the school's Title I program with the goal of forming school-home partnerships that will help all students to succeed. To insure that we make every possible effort to build these partnerships, Cosby Elementary School will:
1. Jointly develop with parents the school parental involvement policy. We welcome parent input through any forms of communication as well as: parent meetings, the annual Title I meeting, and all parent involvement activities. . The school will distribute copies of the policy to parents and make available the policy to the local community through our school webpage.
2. Convene an annual meeting to which all parents shall be invited and encouraged to attend, to inform parents of their school's participation in the Title I program, and to explain the requirements of the program and the rights of parents to be involved. This meeting will take place during our 2nd semester Open House.
3. Involve parents in an organized, ongoing, and timely way, in the planning, review, and improvement of the school improvement plan. Parent and community members are invited to mtgs. held throughout the year to discuss goals and actions steps regarding the improvement plan.
4. Provide parents a description and explanation of the curriculum in use at the school and the forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress. Teachers communicate regularly with parents through weekly newsletters and progress reports sent home at least every two weeks. Communication and/or meetings are also welcomed any day from 8:00 to 8:30 and after 3:00.
5. Provide parents with opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child's class and observe classroom activities. Parents are also invited to volunteer and/or participate in any "Together We Can" (TWC) activities. TWC is our recently formed parent involvement group that consists of all parents who participate in planned activities or who volunteer in any way at the school. TWC will also serve as an advisory group. Activities are planned to help parents with the information and skills needed to help improve their child's achievement. Examples of activities include: Literacy Night, Parenting Fair, 8th Grade Prep For High School, and Math Night as well as others planned throughout the year.