High School Dress Code
Dress Code Policy Number 6.310 Approved by the Cocke County School Board 5/24/2005
Students shall dress and groom in a clean, neat and modest manner so as not to distract or interfere with the operation of the school.
More specific guidelines appropriate for each level of school (elementary or high school) may be developed. Principals, faculty members and students shall be involved in the development of each appropriate set of guidelines.
When a student is attired in a manner which is
likely to cause disruption or interference with the operation of the school, the
principal shall take appropriate action, which may include suspension.
HIGH School Dress Code (9-12)
This dress code is in effect from arrival on campus until school dismissal. Athletic uniforms are exempt this this code.
1. Shirts/blouses must not be cut below
the normal arm pit and must not come below the
top of the breast. All shirts/blouses must reach below the top of the pants or skirt at all
times (no skin showing at any time).
Shirts/blouses must have sleeves. Halter, midriff or tank tops are not
student is in violation of this code if any amount of cleavage is visible.
3. Students may wear shorts that either
have at least a seven (7) inch inseam or are no
shorter than four (4) inches above the knee.
4. Opaque tights and/or leggings (opaque tights/leggings are not transparent: skin color is unable to be detected) may be worn beneath skirts and dresses, but skirts and dresses much be finger tip length. Skirts and dresses worn without opaque leggings or tights may be no more than four (4) inches above the knee.
5. Bike shorts are not permitted. Pajamas are not permitted.
6. Shorts or leggings may be worn beneath holey jeans, holes allowed above the knee so long as no flesh or undergarments can be seen and the hole is not located in the crotch area
7. Clothes may not be worn with patches on or around the genital areas
8. Galluses are to remain on the shoulders at all times.
9. Excessive baggy pants are not permitted. Pants are to be secured at the waist, not worn below the hips.
10. All necessary undergarments are to be worn and must not be visible.
11. Clothing with crude, poorly worded, suggestive language or suggestive pictures is not permitted.
12. No clothing may have alcohol, tobacco, drug labels or symbols written or printed on them.
13. No clothing may have pictures or the rebel flag or Malcolm X.
14. Hats, caps, or other head coverings may not to be worn inside the building.
15.Bandannas are not permitted either as clothing or as hair accessories.
16. Visible body piercings are limited to the ear only. Eyebrow, nose, lip, tongue, belly.
17. Anything in question will be at the discretion of the administrator.